Application DBA – Remote
Are you tired of not being challenged, not having a voice, or having to work with outdated technologies? Do you want to be a direct contributor in a company that is an innovation leader and has the awards to prove it? Do you want your fair share of the profits from a fast-growing company that’s doubling its customer base year-over-year?
DriveCentric is a premier customer relationship management (CRM) and internet marketing company that connects automotive dealerships to customers in innovative, award-winning ways.
The role of Application DBA incorporates application domain knowledge, ETL development / data migration, and database administration, to include scalability, performance, monitoring and alerting, installation and configuration, and security. This is a fast-paced team that supports ongoing operations for customers and development teams while also driving innovation and growth with data-focused projects.
- Write, execute, and validate DML, DDL, and DCL scripts to meet business and customer needs.
- Coordinate and perform data mods, database maintenance, etc. outside of business hours.
- Assist Customer Support and Development by analyzing data to troubleshoot application issues.
- Optimize stored procedures, functions, and ad hoc queries.
- Create and manage SSIS packages to manage ETL processes.
- Onboard new customers by scrubbing data and importing from multiple data sources.
- Provide backup and contingency planning, implementation, and monitoring.
- Install, configure, and manage multiple MS SQL Server 2017+ instances on a Windows Server platform.
- Plan and implement SQL Server upgrades.
- Proactively manage database indexes.
- Proactively manage SQL Server performance across numerous database servers, including hardware, configurations, and schema optimizations.
- Develop monitoring tools for database/server performance metrics.
- Develop PowerShell scripts, C# .NET utilities, and other automation to support operations management.
- 3+ years of experience writing DML, DDL, and DCL, with 2+ years of hands-on experience with T-SQL.
- 2+ years of hands-on Microsoft SQL Server 2017+ experience.
- 2+ years of experience designing and implementing databases.
- 1+ year of scripting and managing ETL packages, with SSIS or other tools.
- Ability to balance business and technical objectives when making decisions.
- Ability to balance multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional communication, problem solving, and analytical skills is a must.
- Have a positive, can-do attitude.
- Hands-on experience with PostgreSQL.
- Hands-on experience with Redshift.
- Hands-on experience with AWS, particularly EC2, RDS, S3, CloudWatch, and Route 53.
- Hands-on experience with Redgate’s SQL Server products.
- Competitive salary
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance (eligible on day 1)
- 401K with matching up to 4%
- 9 company holidays + 12 vacation days in first year
- Ample professional growth opportunities
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 – $125,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Fully Remote
- Temporarily due to COVID-19